Custom Pages

August 18, 2015

Wedding Week: Ceremony | {Kali}

August 18, 2015


Today I'm excited to share everything about our wedding ceremony! This was my favorite part of our wedding—and I loved how beautiful the setting was. Like I mentioned in my post yesterday, we held our ceremony on the "wedding island" at Wilderness Ridge Golf Course.















Music is really important to me, so I carefully picked each song we'd use during the ceremony. I created a playlist for our DJ to play about 30 minutes before the ceremony started, when guests were arriving. It was mostly songs from Gregory Alan Isakov, Mumford & Sons, Band of Horses, The Head and the Heart, and The Lumineers.

When family and the wedding party walked down, we played "Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the Sky. This song is instrumental-only, and you might recognize it from Friday Night Lights. Zac and I are obviously huge fans of the show, and I've been in love with this song for years. It was basically the perfect song for this section of the ceremony and it's an 8-minute song, so I knew it was long enough for the whole wedding party to walk down the aisle.















I walked down the aisle to my sister, Megan, and Zac's cousin, Tyler, singing and playing guitar on the song "Makin' Plans" by Miranda Lambert. This is me and Zac's "song" if you will, so I've always wanted that to be the song I walked down to.











Zac and I chose to write our own vows, and I'm so happy we did. We both really wanted our ceremony to be super personal and intimate (rather than just overly religious and impersonal, like so many weddings I see). It was a celebration of our love, so we wanted the ceremony to be about us as a couple.











Other than one hiccup with the microphone going out halfway through my vows (you'd think the DJ would always replace the batteries before a wedding?!), the whole thing went very smooth! Zac's cousin, Erik, was our officiant and he wrote a really awesome opening welcome. Overall, it was the perfect ceremony for Zac and I to start our marriage!







For our recessional song (the song we walked out to), we chose "Ho Hey" by The Lumineers, which, to me, is just the perfect recessional song!





















Stay tuned—tomorrow I'm sharing everything about the reception!

Photos by Nikki Moore Photography


Check out all Kali's Wedding Week posts!
Day 1: Wedding Details & Vendors
Day 2: The Ceremony
Day 3: The Reception
Day 4: My Favorite Wedding Photos
Day 5: Wedding Video

No comments :

Post a Comment

SMK + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio