Custom Pages

June 1, 2015

Dining Room Makeover + Kitchen Progress | {Kali}

June 1, 2015
Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you my dining room makeover as well as some photos of my kitchen redo progress! When we were first looking for houses to buy in Lincoln last fall, our realtor asked us for our list of wants/needs in a house. Of course we wanted at least 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, an open concept—but my number one want was no oak trim or oak cabinets. Our realtor told us, yeah, everybody wants that, and no, you're not going to find that in Lincoln, Nebraska. Now, I'm sure there are lots of houses in Lincoln that are newer and exactly what I'd want. But in our price range? Nope, not even one. So, I eventually (reluctantly) accepted the fact that we would for sure be buying a house with oak-everything.

I knew there would be a LOT of work (mostly painting) to get the house to where I wanted it. Painting ALL the trim and cabinets white is a pretty extensive job. My family (especially my mom) has been a huge help in the makeover process! I wouldn't have a clue where to even begin, so it's really all thanks to my mom that we've been able to update anything! We started in the living room, kitchen and dining room. We have a little left in the entryway and my office, but those are close to being done as well. This next weekend we'll be working on the main floor bathroom. Eventually, we'll want to update our master bedroom/bathroom and the second bedroom on the main floor. Luckily, the basement must have been finished later on, because it's completely updated and newer (with white trim!!) so at this time, we're not planning on doing anything down there.

Here are a few before and after photos of the kitchen and dining room. The before photos were taken off Zillow and were from the previous owners.

Dining Room BEFORE:


(all before photos from previous owners)

Dining Room AFTER:













So, there's still quite a bit I'd love to do in the kitchen in the next year including putting in a new countertop, backsplash, and new light fixture. BUT, we've made a lot of progress so far! At the bottom of the post, I've listed where I got everything!

Kitchen BEFORE:


(all before photos from previous owners)



Kitchen AFTER (in-progress):















Dining Room:
barnwood table // Barnyard Boutique
chandelier // Bed, Bath & Beyond
chairs // Target
curtains // Target
picture frames // Target
printed art // Minted.com
vase // TJ Maxx

Kitchen:
vintage plates // Goodwill
balloon shade // Target
pendant candleholder // Junkstyle in Elk Horn, IA
rug // Target
serving bowl // Target
ceramic planter // Target
cabinet hardware // Home Depot

No comments :

Post a Comment

SMK + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio