Custom Pages

February 6, 2016

Master Bedroom Inspiration | {Kali}

February 6, 2016


Hi guys! Here's a sneak peak of the before of our master bedroom. Because I pretty much wanted to update every room in our house when we moved in (besides the basement), the bedrooms have been my last priority. However, when we moved in year ago, I didn't want to have a completely bare master bedroom, so any random extra decor I had laying around that I was not using anywhere else went to the bedroom. So, it's pretty much a mish-mash of random decor with no vision whatsoever. We also had all black bedroom furniture which was Zac's before we moved in together (too masculine for my taste!). And, as I'm sure you know by now, I wasn't a fan of so. much. BEIGE. (we dealt with this in every room of our house). I'm sure in 20 years beige will be back in, and gray will be out. BUT, until then, I had to update everything—I desperately needed a more contemporary feel.


So over the last few weeks, I have been working on updating the bedroom (complete before & after pictures coming soon!). So far, I've painted the trim and walls, got our new king size mattress and platform bed, and ordered new white nightstands. Now, I'm working on getting new dressers and decor. Today, I wanted to share with you my inspiration for our master bedroom.


images: 1, 2
I love the look of these two bedrooms—the mix of gray, white, and gold is perfect.

I definitely want our master bedroom to have a very relaxing and cozy vibe. I knew when I began planning out this room, I wanted to stick with neutral colors. In other rooms in our house (living room, my office), I definitely went for more bright pops of color, while keeping the wall color neutral. For the bedroom, I didn't want any bright pops of color, but of course, I can't completely resist incorporating a little bit of color. I've been really drawn to very muted hues of blue, purple, and pink. I also have to incorporate a little bit of a more muted tone of gold in some of the accent decor pieces. See my bedroom picks below!



Sources:
Platform bed // Inspire Q
Night stands // Sauder
Mirror // Pottery Barn
Faux fur throw // Calypso St. Barth << I'll be getting a much cheaper one! :)
Metal steer skull // Target
Faux fur pillow // Horchow
Art print // Minted
Lamp // Target
Rug // Rugs USA

No comments :

Post a Comment

SMK + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio