Custom Pages

August 14, 2015

Friday Favorites | {Shelbie}

August 14, 2015


Favorite Skincare Tip
My new roommate and old friend, Jill, just recently moved in and with her, an awesome aloe vera plant. I know that aloe is used to treat sunburns, but I didn't know you can use it as a daily moisturizer, too! I've used it a few times before bed, and the next day my skin looks refreshed, soft, and clear! I've definitely become a believer that it helps with acne as well. Check out this article about using aloe vera for skin care.


Favorite New-to-Me Artist
Kali introduced me to First Aid Kit last month and I've been in love ever since. My favorite song, and likely their most popular, My Silver Lining, was featured on the 2015 US Open! So, it seems they are becoming more popular. I'm not sure how to categorize their sound, but I'm obsessed. Other great songs by them are Stay Gold, America, and Master Pretender.


{photo via}

Favorite Workout
This summer I've made it a goal of mine to lead a healthier lifestyle, which of course involves going to the gym. I like working out, but let's be honest, most people dread going to a crowded gym! When it's extremely busy at the gym, I search for workouts that I can do away from the crowds. I also try to mix up my workout routine regularly in order to keep my body guessing. One day I decided to search for a kettlebell workout for two reasons. One, so I could do it basically anywhere in the gym, and two, because I had never done a kettlebell workout before. I found my solution thanks to the Tone It Up girls—love them! I incorporate it into my routine every two weeks or so. It isn't extremely difficult, so I usually do it the day after a really tough workout. Get the workout here!


^ Mahi-Mahi Tacos

Favorite Healthy Eat
In effort to stick to my summer regime, I'm constantly searching for healthier meals to try out. I have come to LOVE fish, especially mahi-mahi, and I also love tacos. Turns out, these two things are a match made in heaven! This recipe does take some preparation, but I promise, it's totally worth it!


{photo via}

Favorite Person
Another one of my obsessions lately, and I'm sure everyone else's, is Khloe Kardashian. I've always followed the Kardashians, but lately Khloe has just been straight killing it! May she forever be my fitness inspiration.

No comments :

Post a Comment

SMK + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio