Custom Pages

July 20, 2015

Industrial End Table DIY | {Megan}

July 20, 2015


I've never really been someone to go out and buy brand-new furniture when I know that I could always redo a piece of old furniture, or even build something if I really wanted to. Before I moved into my current apartment, the one thing that I didn't have was end tables.



Luckily, I stumbled upon this old saw table that my parents had laying around at their property and thought it would make a really neat table. Turning the saw table into a cool industrial end table only took about an hour or two to create.



Supplies:
-Metal saw table frame
-A couple of 2x4s
-A couple of 1x4s
-Wood glue
-Clamps
-Hand sander
-Drill and screws
-Wood stain

To create the table top, I cut four 2x4s down size to fit the metal frame.

Next, I glued the boards together and clamped them together tight.



Once the glue was dry, I sanded the boards to give them a smooth finish.



To make the top more secure, I spaced out two 2x4s to the underneath side and screwed them into place.

The metal frame allowed me to add a shelf, so I cut five 1x4s that would be able to sit in the frame. The edges of these boards needed sanded as well.



The next step was to stain all the boards. I used General Finishes in Antique Walnut.





Once the stain was set and dry, I simply put the five pieces on the bottom in place to create a shelf and sat the table top onto the metal frame.

I love the way it turned out. What do you all think?





No comments :

Post a Comment

SMK + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio