Custom Pages

May 14, 2015

Life Lately | {Shelbie}

May 14, 2015


The past few weekends have been eventful ones for me! Two weekends ago, it was Tad's brother, Colby's, birthday. We had a full weekend of fun festivities planned out, thanks to Colby's wife, Sara.

On Friday, Sara got tickets for the four of us to go to an ICubs baseball game in downtown Des Moines. Tad and I had decided to make Friday an all-day adventure!



We started off by golfing as many holes as possible before it started raining. It was definitely fun while it lasted.





Defeated by the rain, we decided to pack up and head out. We met Colby, Sara, and a few friends at Mullets for a bite to eat before the game.



Thankfully, by that time, the rain had passed. With awesome seats (thanks Sara!), good company, and cotton candy, the ICubs game was the perfect way to kick off Colby's birthday weekend!



On Saturday morning, I spent a few hours at the Jordan Creek Mall. When it comes to shopping, I'm pretty frugal. I ended up only getting a few pieces from Forever 21.


white crop top (pictured below) // knotted headband // pendant necklace // stone drop earrings

Saturday night, Sara had planned a BBQ at their house. Everyone pigged out on hot dogs, hamburgers, and of course, birthday cake! After dinner, there was a bonfire that a few people stayed to enjoy.



Sunday was probably the day that Tad and Colby were looking forward to most. They went skydiving! (Again, great job Sara!). Of course, Sara and I had to go watch.









After all that excitement, Tad and I ended our Sunday night by going to see the new Avengers movie. My opinion—definitely a must-see in theaters!



Last Thursday, my friend Emily and I attended the Kenny Chesney, Jake Owen, and Chase Rice concert in Des Moines. It was definitely one for the books! Emily and I had bought lower bowl tickets on the right side of the stage, but when we got into the concert we were randomly chosen to be upgraded. We were given sandpit passes and got to experience the concert on the floor right next to the stage—let's just say we got sang to numerous times!

It's definitely been a great start to my summer break!

No comments :

Post a Comment

SMK + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio