Custom Pages

February 24, 2015

Best (& Worst!) Dressed at the Oscars | {Shelbie}

February 24, 2015
I might be a little celebrity-obsessed, but I'll own it. I spent my Sunday night cozied up watching E! Live from the Red Carpet followed by the Oscars. Who doesn't love award shows!? The high-profile night was filled with the always-expected good, the bad and the down right ugly. Being a 21-year-old female, I definitely do my best to keep up with current fashion and beauty trends. With that being said, I'm not afraid to express my opinions on these matters.

Best Dressed:



We MUST talk about Jennifer Lopez first. She seriously never ages, am I right? She glowed walking down the Red Carpet adorned in a beautiful Elie Saab Couture gown. Jenny from the Block has still got it at 45 years old.

Next up, "cool girl", Rosamund Pike. The Gone Girl actress is absolutely stunning from head-to-toe. The vibrant, red Givenchy dress was paired perfectly with her natural hair and makeup—proving again, she isn't messing around.



Jenna Dewan-Tatum wore her slinky, white Zuhair Murad with grace as she floated down the red carpet. Let's not forget, she was also accompanied by the hottest piece of arm candy, her husband, Channing Tatum. From the lip color to the mirrored clutch, she receives an A+ in my book.

Jennifer Aniston redeemed herself for me this awards show (wasn't a fan of her Golden Globes getup). She really does become more and more beautiful with age. This Versace gown shows off her rocking body and accents her goddess-like complexion.

Worst Dressed:



Being a fan of many of Nicole Kidman's Red Carpet looks in the past, this year at the Oscars I was saddened. She really missed the mark in her sequin embellished Louis Vuitton. Unfortunately, I don't think she got one thing right. Don't even get me started on the awful makeup box-look-a-like clutch...

Solange Knowles really confused me in her cape jumpsuit dress ensemble. The fiery red Christian Siriano number did nothing for the beautiful 28-year-old.



You could say that 2015 was a big year for Sienna Miller. Unfortunately, the Oscars were NOT a big night for the American Sniper star. I was very underwhelmed by the all-black Oscar de la Renta gown. I just think that she could have done better for a night like the Oscars.

Viola Davis is a stunning 49-year-old, but if you ask me, this look ages her about 10 more years. The boxy Zac Posen dress is heavy and lifeless. I wish she had gone for something more vibrant and lively (like when she wowed in that hot pink Escada gown at the People's Choice Awards!).

A few others who just missed the cut for my best dressed were Emma Stone, Giuliana Rancic, Jamie Chung and Zoe Saldana.

No comments :

Post a Comment

SMK + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio